« Home | Brown begins to pull away from Dewine » | Donate via Act Blue » | Hackett on The Daily Show » | The Presidential Protection Act of 2006 » | Franklin County Democrats » | Senate Race » | About Swing State Ohio » 

Sunday, April 02, 2006 

OH-07: Dan Saks (D) drops out

Dan Saks sent this email out on Friday:

To All:

Last fall, the Democratic National Committee called on Democrats to challenge Republicans in every race at every level. When it appeared that Rep. Dave Hobson might run unopposed, I committed myself to challenging him for his seat as the Representative from Ohio’s 7th district.

Now, with the utmost disappointment and regret, I am withdrawing from the campaign. Health problems which I thought were behind me have resurfaced. The likelihood that these problems will distract me from my campaign and diminish my effectiveness is too great to ignore. I cannot ask for commitments from others knowing that I myself might not keep up with those commitments.

I want to express my warmest thanks to those who have supported me. To the extent that I can, I will remain active in Democratic politics and support Democratic candidates in the fall, as I hope you will, too. The world is what we make it, and we have to make it better.

Thanks again and regards,

Dan Saks


Hopefully Dan recovers soon. My thoughts go to him and his family in this difficult time.

Thanks to Buckeye State Blog for the heads up.

About me

  • I'm JN
  • From
My profile





Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?

Syndicate this site (XML)




eXTReMe Tracker